The Tandem Shop was started by Peter Bird, who has a long history in the bicycle industry, designing frames and building some of the most enduring British custom built tandems.
Peter is the chief designer of Landescape Tandems and is also the technical director of The Tandem Shop. Together with Rob Wade, they have a reassuringly over 60 years experience in the cycle industry and have been designing and selling tandems for over 30 years.
We also run the businesses
The Tandem Experience which offers training in Tandem riding, Tandem Corporate Days and Tandem European Tours.
Bicycles by Design based also in our building runs the ‘Solo’ part of our business with the following brands:
- Bespoke Swallow Bicycles (Hand-built by Peter & Rob)
- Tout Terrain
Alongside this we offer courses in Frame-Building, Wheel-Building and Bicycle-Building all very popular.
Tour our showroom & workshop
Using google street view, you can tour our showroom & workshop, find instructions how below.
Our workshop is on the lower floor, to change floor level, click the floor number above the compass.
- To move around, hover your cursor in the direction you want to go. Your cursor becomes an arrow that shows which direction you’re moving.
- To see where you might go next, look for the X. Click once to travel to the X.
- To look around, click and drag your mouse. You can also use the arrows to the left and right of the compass.
- To zoom in or out, scroll with your mouse or two-finger zoom with a touchpad. You can also use + and -below the compass.
- To position your Street View north, go to the bottom right and click the compass.
- To change floor level, click the floor number above the compass.